Our client Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. They’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects their customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Covetrus' passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives them to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
Their location in Cuijk (the Netherlands) is establishing an IT department responsible for Europe. For that department we are seeking a
IT Infrastructure Support Manager
You are responsible and accountable for leading a team of highly technical Systems Engineers in the design and delivery of infrastructure solutions that span servers, operating systems, collaboration, security, directory services and mobile platforms across a global enterprise. You will be responsible for the team’s growth and performance, as well as on-time delivery of projects. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, excellent management skills and a forward-thinking mindset
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Manages and provides technical and business direction for a team of Infrastructure/System Engineers responsible for delivering end-to-end solutions;
- Identifies improvements and actively participles in and directs team activities for implementation;
- Ensures disaster recovery, monitoring and backup process are comprehensive, regularly reviewed and tested;
- Builds relationships and works with internal customers to ensure solutions are technically sound, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time;
- Assists the team to resolve challenges, provides direction and reallocates resources;
- Manage project budget and allocation of resources;
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, internal and external customers;
- Proven ability to communicate the functionality and value of solutions to architects and product managers;
- Improve Engineering team productivity and execution;
- Provide regular status updates to multiple levels of management;
- Work with other leaders to create, measure, and report progress towards established key performance metrics;
- Manage vendor relationships.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience managing IT Engineers, with a combination of infrastructure, vendor management, and technical support;
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT discipline, Computer Science or MIS preferred;
- Possess strong analytical troubleshooting techniques coupled with a strong sense of urgency;
- Experience with advanced server and cloud-based technologies and a strong knowledge of IT systems and applications;
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks and effectively prioritize and in a high-pressure environment;
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills; ability to present IT concepts clearly and concisely to management and end users;
- Experience working with offshore vendors and remote technical resources
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- A challenging and entrepreneurial work environment where you can grow to your fullest potential and where your sustainable contribution will be rewarded;
- Commitment to education and training is part of the Covetrus culture. They fully support the professional and academic development of their Team Members by presenting them with chances to take advantage of formal and informal learning opportunities throughout their career;
- A competitive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions.
You can apply quickly with the apply (‘solliciteren’) button below and we will contact you as soon as possible. Don’t have your resume at hand?
No problem, apply quick and easy with your LinkedIn profile. If you’re interested in applying for this position but would like to receive further information, please contact me through the contact info below.Contact