Our client Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. They’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects their customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Covetrus' passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives them to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
Their location in Cuijk (the Netherlands) is establishing an IT department responsible for Europe. For that department we are seeking a
We are looking for a curious, talented, and driven Cybersecurity Engineer who will work alongside the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure support teams to help secure the Covetrus European environment. You will be part of the global Cybersecurity team and the team member is directly responsible for operational tasks and monitoring necessary to ensure the Covetrus cybersecurity operational objectives.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Understand cybersecurity and infrastructure related risks to advise on the development, maintenance, and optimization of strong controls targeted at mitigating risk associated with the projects throughout the company;
- Continuously assess Covetrus environments security compliance to global policies;
- Participates in European enterprise technology and functional planning processes to develop standards and best practices;
- Responsible for contributing and/or leading Covetrus’ European risk-based vulnerability assessments;
- Verify via on the job assessment and advise on applications, network, and systems, working closely with Partners in Infrastructure and across Engineering. Provide analysis and trending of security log data from relevant security applications and services;
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Compliance and Verification team members to to support Cybersecurity Audit activities;
- Work with individual teams to identify areas of improvement in standards and process as it relates to the cloud environments, including access and identity management, configuration management, vulnerability management, and security by design;
- Continuously look for opportunities to automate manual tasks (because you don’t want to do it twice);
- Share passion for Cybersecurity with other teams to help create secure global cloud first environment;
- Coordinates regulatory examinations, providing advice on action plans designed to address regulatory findings, and track timely remediation of regulatory issues;
- Apply internal control principles and business/technical knowledge including information technology general controls and application controls; working experience applying professional skepticism skills;
- Escalate cybersecurity compliance concerns timely and effectively to the Cybersecurity Program Manager;
- Collaborate and educate various teams on cybersecurity;
- Responsible for collaborating with European team on infrastructure/network engineering;
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge;
- Highly motivated cybersecurity professional to join mission oriented global team;
- Hire must possess ability to preserve against challenging pressures characteristic of a fast-moving global company;
- Ability to work in team environment a must and should also comfortable driving projects independently with support of the global cybersecurity leader;
- 5-7years' experience as a Security/Network Engineering or equivalent knowledge;
- Minimum 2 years of System Administration or Network Administration in complex environments;
- Experience in endpoint protection management, premise, and cloud environments;
- Solid working knowledge of security processes and technical network security, OS, and application software security concepts;
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and underlying network/security architecture;
- Recognized security certification(s) desired (Security+, etc.);
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent technical cybersecurity competency and communication skills.
- A challenging and entrepreneurial work environment where you can grow to your fullest potential and where your sustainable contribution will be rewarded;
- Commitment to education and training is part of the Covetrus culture. They fully support the professional and academic development of their Team Members by presenting them with chances to take advantage of formal and informal learning opportunities throughout their career;
- A competitive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions.
You can apply quickly with the apply (‘solliciteren’) button below and we will contact you as soon as possible. Don’t have your resume at hand?
No problem, apply quick and easy with your LinkedIn profile. If you’re interested in applying for this position but would like to receive further information, please contact me through the contact info below.Contact